A guide for L.A. Noire DLC case A Slip of the Tongue. Follow this guide to find all the clues, answer all the questions correctly, and get a five-star rating.
A Slip of the Tongue starts with a report of a stolen car, your first clue. Head out of the police station and follow the yellow flag on your mini-map to find the stolen car. When you find the car, chase down the driver by ramming his car until you can end the chase. (If you are successful in stopping him before backup arrives, you’ll get the Achievement Nowhere in a Hurry). When the chase is over, there’s a cut-scene where the suspect Cliff Harrison produces the clue: Receipt. Then you’ll have to question the Harrison:
- Vehicle reported as stolen >> Choose “Truth.” He will give you the clue: Harrison’s ownership papers.
- Motive for flight >> Choose “Doubt.”Vehicle purchase details >> Choose “Truth.”
When you are done questioning Harrison, he is taken away for grand theft auto, and you head over to where the car was purchased: Coombs Automotive Co.
Coombs Automotive Co.
When you arrive at the Coombs Automotive Co., head into the lot towards the owner Richard Coombs. There will be a brief cut-scene, then follow him into his office. He will present two items for you to peruse. On the left is the clue: Archer’s ownership papers. When you are investigating the pink slip, investigate it further to find information about Marquee Printing Company. Put the ownership papers down, and to the right you will find the clue: Bill of sale. Then it’s time to question Coombs:
- Details of transaction >> Choose “Truth.” This will give you the clue: Check.
- Description of suspect >> Choose “Truth.”
- Association with Marquee >> Choose “Truth.”
- Check payment details >> Choose “Doubt.”
- Suspicious transaction >> Choose “Doubt.”
When you are done questioning Coombs, go use the telephone by the street. You will get the POI: James Belasco, being held for grand theft auto. Before you go back to the station, swing by the address on Archer’s ownership papers: 146 North Fremont Avenue. This will give you the clue: Fake address. Then go back to the station to question Belasco.