43 Emerald Street
When you arrive at the house, head up to the house to continue the case. You will meet the victim’s husband Lars Taraldsen. When the cut-scene is over, it’s time to start searching the house for clues. Head to the bedroom to start your search. On the dresser in the first bedroom you will find the clue: Matchbook, which will also give you a new location. (You can also find the matchbook clue by the chess table in the living room). To the left of the matchbook is a picture that is facing down. That’s useful information about the status of their relationship, but it doesn’t give you a clue.
Head through the kitchen to the mud room in the back. To your right as you enter from the kitchen, you will find the clue: Wet jacket. After you get that clue, behind you on the counter you will find the victim’s purse. Search it to find two objects: her driver’s license and lipstick. Neither object gives you a clue. By the door opposite the door to the kitchen you can find the clue: Muddy boots.
After you have found these clues inside the house, go outside to continue your search. Head around to the right to the boat. At the bow of the boat, you will find the clue: Bow rope.
You have found all the available clues at this point. Now it’s time to question Taraldsen:
- Possible suspects >> Choose “Lie,” and use the clue Bow rope as evidence.
- Alibi for Lars Taraldsen >> Choose “Doubt.”
- Victim’s state of mind >> Choose “Doubt.”
- Last contact with victim >> Choose “Lie,” and use the clue: Wet jacket as evidence.
After you are done questioning Taraldsen, use the telephone to have Bobby Ross checked out to confirm Taraldsen‘s alibi. Next, head over to Baron’s Bar to continue the case.
When you get to the bar, head over to the bartender, and you will be able to question him:
- Last contact with victim >> Choose “Truth.” He will give you the clue: Yellow Cab 3591.
- Vagrant male suspect >> Choose “Doubt.” This will give you a two new POI’s: Richard Bates and Sailor.
- Yellow Cab 3591 >> Choose “Truth.”
After you are done questioning the bartender, you will head to talk to Richard Bates, who will flee out the back of the bar. Start pursuing him on foot, and then by car. When you get Bates to stop, you will have some questions for him:
- Contact with victim >> Choose “Doubt.”
- Account of movements >> Choose “Doubt.”
After you question Bates, some police will come to take him away. Then use the telephone to get information about the taxi cab. You will also find out that the Sailor has turned himself in for questioning at the police station. He can wait. The next part of the case is to find the taxi cab.